Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking

God is so good, so funny sometimes! I am learning new lessons all the time, but this one is about my battle with fear and worry. This weekend, our Pastor asked for some transparency. He asked for anyone that battles worry and anxiety to raise their hand. I felt like the only one in the room! Ever have one of those moments where you feel like God is speaking right to you, in a room full of hundreds of people??? (Yeah, we go to a big church!)
I have been brought to my knees so many times recently, rejoicing in all that HE has provided for me, a husband that provides well for us, two great kids that are fairly healthy, lots of amazing friends, an awesome church family. What do I have to worry about??!! Not a thing! THANK YOU JESUS!
The bible reminds us over and over about all that God has already done for us. He tells us not to worry in Matthew 6:25-34. In Romans 8:28 he assures us that all things will work for our benefit if we love him and are called according to his purpose. In Jeremiah 29:11 He says this " for I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
But for some reason, I listen to the enemy trying to tempt me with fear. What if your husband dies? What if something happens to you, your kids? What if your husband loses his job? What if you make the wrong choice about schooling your kids? What if, what if, what if? And guess what? I listen to him and his lies. Because I do that, I take my focus off of JESUS! That is what the enemy wants us to do!

I am really working on becoming more intentional about ignoring those nagging thoughts, and instead turning to Jesus EVERY time I have a care or worry. I know that the LORD already has it all worked out. Why not just sit back and enjoy the ride a little?!
I will leave you with this little morsel that I am working on memorizing...

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Good stuff huh??!!!

Do any of you struggle with fear or anxiety? What do you do when you feel those nagging thoughts of worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment