It's true. We have actually talked about homeschooling around here. I have prayed and God is so funny...how many people do you think I have met recently that either home school, or are in the same investigation process that I am in right now. One poor unsuspecting mama that I talked to on the phone related to church items, mentioned she was in the middle of homeschooling her kids and I laughed out loud at her. She probably thought I was nuts.
But SERIOUSLY. Ever since I started to pray about what the Lord would have me do about schooling for Emily, it seems like it's one person after another talking to me about homeschooling. And you're probably thinking to yourself, that's a pretty clear sign from the Lord about what your supposed to do, don't ya think??!!! Except I still don't have that feeling of peace.
Which leaves me in the process of waiting on the Lord...which I confess I am not good at. I am impatient, and I want an answer NOW! I want him to hurry up, so I can get on with it, because I am a planner, and I have things to PLAN! There are lists to make Lord! Decisions to be made RIGHT NOW!
Oh Heavenly Father, how do you ever put up with me?!
I seriously am one big pain in the rear.
God has been so good to me, teaching me and gently leading me in his direction. I SO want his will for our lives. I have walked the path of my own will, asking the Lord to bail me out when I make a mess of things, and have learned that it is FAR better to walk in his will, rather than my own.
So, I am waiting. Which is actually kinda fun. I know he has the perfect plan, and things are so sweet when he works it out for our benefit.
A wise girlfriend told me to BREATHE!
I think I will do that :+)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Heather- I was looking thru past posts of yours on FB and came across your blog link. Jason and I have been contemplating homeschooling too- something I NEVER thought I'd do. I love your heart. I'm the same way, very impatient, want to plan everything, have tried doing things on my own, and am slowly learning to let go and let God. Thanks friend! Bev
ReplyDelete