I am sooooooo lacking in inspiration this week folks! Help me out here! Give me some suggestions for what to make this week. You don't have to submit a recipe, just an idea, and I will find a recipe!
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday-Needs to be a quick meal
Wednesday
Thursday-Needs to be a quick meal
Friday
Saturday
We are trying to maintain a little healthier eating plan, so I would love some healthful suggestions, but other than that I am open to whatever!!
Thanks Friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Heather I just found this Quinoa Taco Salad recipe in the Costco cookbook~
ReplyDelete1 cup quinoa
1 tblspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
dash cayenne pepper
Half each red, green and yellow bell peppers, chopped
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
3/4 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
2 limes
salt and pepper to taste
6 to 8 ounces baby spinach
1 bunch cilantro
1 avocado, diced
Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
Heat olive oil in saute pan over med-high heat;add onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, until translucent and tender. Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne and peppers; saute an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in black beans, tomatoes and the juice of one lime. Stir in quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill.
Roughly cut baby spinach into strips. Remove about 1 cup of cilantro leaves from bunch, rinse and pat dry, and toss with the spinach. Divide spinach and cilantro mixture evenly among 4 salad plates. Top each plate with a scoop of the quinoa salad. Top each salad with your choice of cheese and diced avocado. Cut the remaining lime into slices to garnish the plates. Makes 4 servings.
So now I expect you to make this...just kidding!!
Jess
Thanks Jess! I love trying new recipes, and I already have the quinoa!
ReplyDelete